Healthy Blueberry Cobbler or Pie
Craving a blueberry cobbler or berry pie?
Want one that's simple to make AND healthy?
Easy as pie!
This no-bake and healthy raw food recipe will please everyone who loves berries. It's so good you can even eat it for breakfast (Why not? It's mostly fruit and nuts and coconut like a granola).
Blueberry Cobbler or Pie Crust
- 1 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts
- 1 cup finely shredded plain coconut
- 1/4 cup dates (pitted and chopped)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
In a food processor, mix the nuts, coconut, sea salt and cayenne until coarsely ground. Add the dates and mix until it's a bit tacky and holds together somewhat. Pour into a pie pan or other shallow bowl and press down to form the crust.
Blueberry Cobbler or Pie Filling
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed and drained) and 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (can get at any health food store)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Using a blender, mix the 2 cups of frozen berries, banana, lemon juice, and psyllium husk.
- To make a berry PIE, pour the filling into the crust. Gently add the whole berries and mix into the filling or dump on top.
- To make a berry COBBLER, mix the crust and filling together in a dish. (Or make something in-between as shown in the photo. I used a deep bowl, put the crust on the sides, then folded the crust back on top to make a pie with a cobbler topping.)
Refrigerate for about 45 minutes to help it firm up.
Tip: If using raspberries, blackberries, boysenberries, or strawberries, blend the filling in a food processor instead of a blender to prevent the seeds from making the filling gritty in texture.
Enjoy! Watch how surprised people are when you tell them how easy it was to make and how healthy it is. It's great for parties, potlucks, or anytime you want a healthier, more alkaline dessert option.
For even more delicious healthy dessert options, see
Ani Phyo's Raw Food Desserts
Green Smoothies - Simple Tasty Goodness
Coconutty Balls Dessert
Make Almond Milk in Minutes
Easy So Good Onion Bread
Tasty Walnut Pate
Spicy Curried Leeks
Want a Milkshake That's Good for You?
Healthy Eating Recipe Books
Dairy-Free Cheese Spread
Yummy Raw Granola Cereal
Gin's Top Healthy Recipe Books
Dairy-Free Cheesy Kale Chips
Easy Healthy Recipes Make Food FUN Again!
Return from Blueberry Cobbler to Confident Vision Living